Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Things I've learned since running...


1. Every day is not going to be your best day! You are just simply going to have bad running days. You will not (or in my case I will not) run 5 miles every day...fact.

2. There will be times whenever you feel like giving up, like your body is working against you. Resist the resistance!

3. There will be days the last thing you want to do is roll out of bed and onto the treadmill, get over it. Go out there and live.

4. A lot of running is a mental game. If you are mentally healthy you can do it, but if your head is filled with "I can't, I will never make it, this isn't for me" then you are right it isn't for you because you will never make it with a negative attitude.

5. You can't compare yourself to the other runners or you will fail. Take me for example. When I run on the treadmill I am a beast. I stop down so hard with every step its ridiculous. At first I cared about how loud my feet would land on the thing, then I realized what does it matter? *Yes people do tend to give me dirty looks like "Geez lady could you tear the treadmill up some more."So I'm louder than the rest? This is me. This is how I run.

KEY POINT: I see running a lot like I see our spiritual relationship with Christ. We have good days we have bad days. Some days we are on fire for him ready to pick up our cross and run 5 miles. Other days we can barely get out of bed to start our day to serve him. Also there is that Satan always in your head telling you to quit, give up, this Christian thing isn't for you, its too hard some days. Resist the resistance my friends! Be strong and courageous both physically and spiritually. I think of the para ells of running in general with racing towards Christ everyday when I get on the treadmill. I have been wanting to write about it for sometime now but have been struggling to find the words. Pretty simple.short.sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment