Saturday, March 19, 2011

Insomnia


Soo here it is 2 am in the morning and I can't sleep, I am currently at my grandpa's house which doesn't have internet so I am writing this on notepad. Yes I said notepad. You see my computer is fairly new and I still have yet to upload Microsoft Word to the thing. Anyways that is not the point of this note, the point is I am reading a book right now called Sun Stand Still, it is so inspiring I can't stop turning the pages...and this is where my insomnia of the night comes into play. I have been battling a spiritual battle of faith recently. I feel as though I have been tested in every possible way the past couple months.*This normally happens whenever God is working overtime in my life* Tonight was no different. I went to bed with the pure intention of sleep, that's what most people do right? So as my mom drifted into sleep next to me I tossed and turned, I said my prayers and started begging God for sleep. I guess I figured with reading this book about praying a "Sun Stand Still Prayer" I would start tonight...after about an hour of tossing and turning I prayed God would give me sleep again more fervently this time...I tossed for another 30 minutes, then I got up read half a chapter in the book and tried for sleep again 30 mins later, well I am up now writing this. I write this because I think its hilarious because this never happens not to me. The problem of tonight is I can't stop praying, crazy right? I keep running my mouth to God and exclaiming how excited I am for this next chapter in my life and that I'm so happy he is my Savior. I started praying for a vision of a "Sun Stand Still Prayer" and also praying that he would give me rest...Somehow it just ended up jumbled into one big mess of prayer and talking thank God he was the only one listening! Anyway God has shown me my "Sun Stand Still Prayers"

1)I need to have faith in him for the little things not just the big things,for example tonight, this is my mindset "Yes Jesus I trust you to provide me a job but as far as me having enough peace to fall asleep in a place that's foreign to me, ehhh not so much." I know it sounds silly but this is what I am learning you must trust him with EVERY PIECE OF YOUR SOUL, YOUR HEART, YOUR MIND. I'm working on it, day by day or should I say night by night haha.

2)My intake of the world. I am trying to limit what junk I fill my mind with.

3)Marriage I am trying to prepare my heart and soul for marriage. I am seeking God to be my #1 love, I know I have a long path to go but I believe God has someone out there made perfectly for me. I am praying for him daily and I hope he is out there somewhere praying for me as well!

4)Mission Work I love seeing people come to know Christ, its awesome to see the amazing transformation that takes place. I have a heart that is breaking for God's children who are suffering around the world. I want nothing more than to share his love and see the other parts of creation he has made. I know it might be a while before I can make this vision a reality but starting today I am goal driven. I can't wait to see where my life is going to lead through him. I have a "Sun Stand Still Prayer" do you?

*If you are curious about all this talk of Sun Stand Still Check out the book by Steven Furtick, its about what happens when you dare to ask God for the impossible.

*Also feel free to check out lifechurch.tv this week. This is what our sermon will be based on. I am pumped!(Reference of the first Sun Still Prayer is Joshua 10:12 check it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment