Friday, March 11, 2011

Accidents.


Sometimes in life, accidents occur. Webster's defines an accident as an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap. I was thinking of this yesterday as I pulled up to the place where my one and only traffic accident occurred last March. I was waiting to turn onto Bass from Cornwell (literally a block from my house) whenever I was unexpectedly rear-ended by a car doing 40 mph. This man was on several medications that he shouldn't have been driving on, so he didn't see my massive brown mini-van sitting still with my blinker flashing. What happened next was so swift and sudden I don't even recall the details. I just remember my glasses flying off my face and someone giving me a phone to call my family, I was so startled I could barely remember my home phone number which I have had since kindergarten! All of this being said this accident and the settlement which followed took about a year to sort out, there was insurance companies, lawyers, physical therapists, doctors, and even my own work boss to deal with. Whenever I look back I see alot of "accidents" that have happened in my own personal life. You don't see it coming, and whenever it finally hits its monumental, you don't remember but only a few specific details, and you realize a lot of people are affected by these events in your life as well (much like the lawyers, doctors, etc.) The crazy thing is while I know that the intersection at Bass and Cornwell is where my accident occurred, I still drive home this way everyday. Regardless of the risk knowing the same exact accident could happen again, I still choose the route. I think this is how a lot of us go along with our lives, we have "accidents" in our lives and we don't think twice about them. We put ourselves in the same situations over and over again and expose ourselves to the very thing that led to the first "accident" to begin with. With time we should learn from our "accidents" rather than keep running back to them. Just the thoughts in my mind today. Make the change, stop putting yourself through the same pain and suffering these "accidents" cause.

Proverbs 26:11.
Enjoy The Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment