Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Three C's, College,Career, Complacency....



These 3 C's seem to be consuming my every thought recently. I am stuck in a rut it seems, complacent in my current state yet not.I'm thinking of things I would have done different, you know actually paid attention in school to attend the university I always had dreams of going to. Not shrugging off college to attend a hair school (especially since I rarely ever do hair anymore). Along with these things of course brings up career choices, whenever I was in high school I was determined I was going to be hairstylist for the rest of my life. WHO EVER THOUGHT OF LETTING US 18 YEAR OLDS DECIDE WHETHER WE WE WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE OR NOT??? I was done with high school it seemed practical heck even glamorous, hair school for a year then a career for a lifetime BARGAIN! Then reality cut like a knife, clientele was hard to build up and the patience we were all suppose to be graced with while waiting for those walk-ins...well I must have skipped that day. After 3 months total I gave up, yes I walked out on my grander of a dream of being the best hair stylist Oklahoma had ever seen. I walked into Banking, yes banking Monday-Friday 8-5 banking. It was stable, it was a paycheck, it lacked creativity and adventure. I guess now most jobs do. Anyways I have no college education under my belt but am bravely considering taking a couple courses when I can. I have no idea what I want to do with my life but can't imagine a trying economy choosing my jobs for me the rest of my life. These are my thoughts for the day. As for now...I'm still on the job hunt.

1 comment:

  1. I believe we go the ways we go for a reason. i honestly think we wouldnt still be great friends..and as close as we are! weve been thru alot megan. your one of my oldest friends..and closest! I honestly believe that God will show you your life long perfession when He knows you are ready for it, and girl you better be ready for it..cus its gona be amazing! like fireworks in the sky...like independence day...like the day we became friends!! Just an all in all great day!! love you!

    ReplyDelete