Tuesday, March 8, 2011

There Is No Modern Romance....

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs wrote this song Modern Romance, and it speaks to me so much. In my generation it seems as though there is no modern romance. No doors being opened, no candle lit dinners, not even men picking up woman and taking them on a date. My generation of men well it seems like they are apathetic to dating. I don't blame them though, look at us woman we run around, throwing ourselves at them, dressing scandalous, acting as if we are starved for attention and give it up so easy its just plain sad. I want a romance, I want a courtship, I want a man to open my doors, fix me candle-lit dinners, and most of all as cheesy as it sounds to be as equally in love with Jesus as I am. I once read a book called I kissed dating goodbye. The author of the book chose not to date until he found the woman he was called to marry. I was so taken back by this book it breaks every rule in the dating scheme as we know today. This author continued to write another book called Boy Meets Girl. Where he took us as the reader through his courtship with his wife. This book was so amazing to me, I will never forget reading that he was straight up to his now wife in the very beginning saying "If I date you it is because I am pursuing the act of marriage." He genuinely meant it too, how outstanding would that be? To have a man look at you with the intent of having you as his wife someday and not just another warm body! I guess I just miss the old love stories that you read about, or that your grandparents tell you about. I will never forget my grandma sitting me down and showing me all the marriage certificates from our family and the stories of getting married young for love and such..... I refuse to believe romance is completely dead and I believe one day God will grant me someone who can full-fill my dreams of having a God blessed courtship and marriage but until then I'm flying solo :)



No comments:

Post a Comment