Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Here's to You"


Today is June 28th. Today is a monumental moment in my small existence in this world. It has been a year my friends. A year since I finally ended it all with a signature on the dotted line and an oath in front of the judge. Funny its only been a year. So much has changed. You see I'm still in the middle of finding myself. My life is the most beautiful disaster I could ever hope for or imagine! You...well you. Where do I start? You are remarried? She is 12 years older? She is the complete opposite of me. Yeah. Very interesting. I am no way shape or form dogging you about any of these solid facts I just find them well quite honestly HIGHLY ENTERTAINING! I wish ya well sir. I must say though the track record isn't looking too good. It seems as though you can't be alone. How sad. You see to fight loneliness is human nature, I understand this. The beauty in being alone though is you learn yourself. You figure out what makes you happy, what makes you sad, what makes you mad, all of these things are crucial to understanding ones' self before bringing a significant other into the picture. As I have primarily been alone for the past year and a half I feel as though I am half-way there to the point of self-actualization. Maybe someday soon in the near future I will be there. If not well lets face it I have at least 5-7 years of schooling to get through before I can honestly focus solely on pursing a relationship with someone. So I'm learning to not worry about it right now. This is my beautiful season of singleness I've been blessed with. Everyday is a gift and well today is the day I praise the Lord that he sent my life into a downward spiral a year ago only to lift me from the ashes!

1 comment: