Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Bachlorette Pad

Whenever I was younger I dreamed of moving out at the age of 18. In my dreams I was a single woman with a perfect home. Yes perfect, every room had a theme. I think at that point in my life my bathroom was to be beach themed, my kitchen was to be farm themed, living room all modern black and white everything. Oh and I was also a lawyer in my dreams hahaha. Anyways now that I am 22 I am finally getting the opportunity to have my "dream home". Okay so its not some huge fancy 3 bedroom two bath home. It is a studio. One kitchenette. One bathroom. One space that makes up my bedroom and living room. (but I do have my themes picked even for a tiny house kitchen: coffee bathroom: paris studio: black & white w/red accents) Let me tell you about this little place. I had been praying to God for several months to send me somewhere cheap and safe to live within Oklahoma City (and if you know okc then you know cheap & safe don't really belong in the same sentence together) Then one day it popped up an apartment on craigslist. It was listed in Edgemere which is a historical neighborhood about 10 mins from where I currently work. You see Edgemere has 24/7 armed security patrolling the neighborhood, so seeing this add on craigslist had me in a frenzy as I knew how great of a deal it was! So I tried contacted Herb (my now land lord) several times no answer. Finally I texted him Sunday still no answer. I was getting impatient so I drove over to the house to see it myself then suddenly I got a text it was him wanting to meet to see the apartment in 20 mins! I walked in and fell in love! I knew it was the place for me. My parents came the next day and gave me their blessing. I move in July 2nd! I'm so stoked. God is so good!

*P.S. Fun facts Edgemere is 2 mins from the Paseo Arts District, 4 mins from Midtown, and 9 mins from Bricktown (aka amazing location!)

No comments:

Post a Comment