Friday, June 10, 2011

"One of the guys"


Whenever I was in high school I had so many guy friends. I was proud to be "one of the guys" you know the girl that hung out with all the dudes but never got hit on. Anyways here I am 22 years of age in the same place. I am once again "one of the guys." The problem is I don't want to be "one of the guys" anymore. I have tried so hard to shake this image. I do my hair and make up daily. I wear heels. I wear dresses. Yet somehow I manage to only have platonic friendships with the opposite sex. All this being said its hard for me to understand how I have fallen into this strange gap of being "one of the guys" again. I guess I have just noticed this recently as I have several guy friends whom are all stinkin awesome!!!! I just can't help but wonder....will I always be in the friend zone with ALL men? Please don't get me wrong I am soooooo content right now in my singleness. If I had a boyfriend I probably couldn't handle it... well maybe if it was the right person haha. But well its nice to be complimented sometimes by someone who isn't currently in a relationship or a friend of the same sex.I'm the awkward platonic friend.... That's all I got for the evening.

1 comment: