Sunday, June 19, 2011

Yes I will take a martini neat please...




Here recently I have become simply fascinated with the 1930s era not only people, fashion, and overall greatness but specifically the music. Here in Oklahoma City we have a radio station called 105.3 The Martini and I find myself listening to it more and more each passing week. I listen to the lyrics of most these songs they sing of falling in love, innocent strolls in the park, holding hands and such. I can't help but wonder how did the world ever get this way? Don't get me wrong I'm so glad we have the modern technology we have, but where did the simplicity of love and innocence go? We went from Sinatra to Snoop Dogg...tell me what happened? I fall in love with each song singing of such sweet, slow, love. Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic in love with the idea of being in love. Wishing life was in black and white like the old photos and movies. I honestly haven't a clue where I was going with this post other than thinking out loud and wishing at the moment I would have lived some portion of my life back in the 1930s. Maybe I can pretend that I do one evening and host a 1930s party in the 1930s pad (haha historical neighborhood joke). I could have rocked some pearls and heels, cleaned some house, and cooked some great food. Just sayin ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment