Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lessons in a Recreated Studio Apartment

My apartment reminded me of chic vintage and travel...I had to condense all of my souvenirs into a room; it has been a challenge but I feel I did alright with what I am working with...

This evening has been quite the miracle, please let me elaborate. I live with my parents trying to keep debt to a minimum being a full-time student. For those who don't know, well moving back home can be tough as an adult! On top of this task I also live with a brother who isn't exactly the most considerate when it comes to the phrase "peace and quiet." By considerate I mean the only time there is complete silence in the home is whenever he is either gone or sleeping. However tonight is a true God-send, my brother is gone and both parents are asleep, did I mention it is only 10:00 pm!? So I took the liberty of pouring up a glass of wine, lighting a few candles, dimming the lights, and turning on some soft tunes of Jamie Cullum. Typing that out it totally sounds like I am trying to seduce someone, but I assure you I am not this is just my 100% favorite kind of living. Simple, peaceful, and a tad bit romantic without any real romance truly being present. Beautiful when one can actually stop the rat-race called life and appreciate the quiet spirit God has placed in each individual living under his grace. My challenge for you this week is to take a moment and appreciate life, even if it means recreating an entire atmosphere only to relax in. I promise you won't be disappointed, do yourself a favor and learn that there is so much more than the rat-race friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment