Thursday, February 24, 2011

9 Months Later...



I remembered I had a blog! On June 28, 2010 the divorce was finalized, that chapter of my life finally closed. This chapter though is a very important chapter which led me to Jesus. You see growing up I went to all the church camps, all the Wednesday night gatherings, honesty anytime the church doors were open I was there. I knew all the right answers to all the questions heck I even prayed the "infamous" salvation prayer while attending a church camp in the 7th grade. Somewhere along the way though I lost sight of Jesus, problem was my sights were never really on Jesus I went to church cause honestly I had nothing better to do. After high school I went to Barber School, this is whenever Satan snatched me! I became the girl I never had any ambition to become, parties every weekend, disrespecting my parents and their rules, and just going plain nuts. After obtaining my barber license is when I got with my ex-husband. We rushed in fools in love...Silly us we were so young and naive thinking we couldn't live without each other. We got married, four months later I was in Germany living married life. Marriage was not the magical land of bliss I was expecting. My husband was not the man I knew him to be and sure enough, Great turned to good, which turned to alright, which led to rough, which led to bad, which led to disastrous...This is where I found God. I will never forget the day, him and I were in a heated argument throwing around the big DIVORCE word. He looked at me straight faced and asked "Where is your God now?" at that moment I ran into our room and sat on our bed and cried... I screamed out to him where was he? Why was this happening? And I begged him to come save me, that day he did. I have never been the same. This is my salvation story. The love story of how Jesus wrapped his arms around me in love and hasn't let go since then.

*As for a follow up on my no men in 2010 I feel as though it was a success, I wasn't perfect but for the most part I was alone and a.o.k. I still am. My heart still belongs to Jesus and he is still my #1 lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment