Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Priorities...or lack there of.

The past 3 weeks I have had off from school, this was the perfect number of weeks to have a break from school. Since I am new at this whole college thing I feel I might never go back if I do allow myself a summer vacation. I have decided to endure the summer classes for the next 2-3 years to come (My major is education so I figure I will get my summers back eventually). Anyways that being said I have been trying to "super prioritize" my vacant 3 weeks, during this time I have realized I am probably one of the most inefficient time-managers here on planet Earth. After work today I just sat down in my floor and had a mini freak out session. "It wasn't those I am crying my eyes out cause I am overwhelmed moment" more like a scream with no purpose because "I need to buy hangers to hang the plethora of clothing I have clean folded with no place to put them away, I need a place to hang my necklaces, bracelets, and earrings, I need to find a bigger dresser, I need to buy school-books, I need to go scrub and shoe shopping, I need to wash my car and vacuum it, I need time to read my lists of 3 books I am desperately wanting to read for fun, but most of all I need time with my God." Yup confession I get super cranky when I don't get my quiet time, prayer drive to work, and devotion time during the day. Today was one of those days I woke up too late, got stuck in a downpour on the drive to work missing out on my ample prayer time, then I had to run downstairs at lunch because I forgot my water bottle due to the running late and therefore missed my routine devotion time during lunch, I got home and pondered upon what is keeping me from doing everything. It is myself. I try to be everything for everyone all the time. I end up in pure exhaustion with nothing left to give. Therefore I neglect the true priorities that God commands me to make a daily effort with. Jesus wants me to spend time with him each day, he wants me to take a true Sabbath and just rest. Psalm 46:10 practically screams it to us "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!" How do I miss this each day and exalt my other selfish desires before the one who tells me I am fearfully and wonderfully made?(reference verse Psalm 139:14) My prayer as I enter this intense summer college session is that I would be purposeful to prioritize my life around Christ and rest in him alone even if this means turning down my very best friend on a "hang out session" because I haven't had my "hang out session with God" that day. I know this life is not my own and I am here only to glorify him, I feel a consistent spirit rising within me saying "Remain, be patient, know I am faithful, and know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (reference verse Romans 8:28) I am confident that Proverbs 16:3 is pure truth "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Whether it be re-prioritizing or chasing a career or college degree...I know my plans are the desires of my soul and convictions on my heart, I pray yours are as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment